One of the biggest reasons for installing Cydia is to download apps and tweaks that let us modify our devices but some people use it to download paid content for free. With jailbreaks becoming harder to use, there is now a new way to get the apps and games on your device without having to install Cydia and its called vShare. You can get it by using a helpful tool called vShare Helper and it works on both Windows and Mac, although Mac users will need to install other software first.
Image : vShare Helper Mac OSX
What is vShare Helper ?
Downloading vShare directly to your iOS device isn’t all that easy so vShare Helper [ about ] was developed to help. It installs vShare onto your iOS device by connecting to your computer but you can use vShare Helper for other things too, like backing up your files and getting music directly into the Music app.
vShare Helper only actually works on Windows [tutorial] but there is a way for Mac users to it, through a Virtual Machine. The steps to doing that are below and we are using a Virtual Machine called Parallel. Windows users can check out our dedicated tutorial at this link.
How to Install vShare Helper on Mac :
- On your Mac, go to trial.parallels.com and download the free 14 day free trial of Parallels for Mac OS.
- If you are not a member of the Windows Insider program, you need to go sign up [ insider.windows.com ] before you can move on
- Now download the Windows 10 Technical Preview .ISO file
- Find the file in Parallel and click it to open Windows 10 Technical Preview in Parallel
- Install Windows 10 onto your Mac computer, you can delete it later if you no longer want it
- Create a user account and then you can follow the Windows PC instructions for downloading vShare Helper
Alternative Method :
Although this is a bit of a cumbersome method, it is the only way to get vShare Helper onto your Mac computer. The only other way is to install a jailbreak first and you will need to follow one of the tutorials below. Once you have installed the jailbreak, you can add the AppVV Repo [ ext link ] to Cydia and install vShare that way.
- Cydia Download [ext link]
Do tell us how you get on downloading vShare Helper using Parallels Virtual Machine and follow us on Facebook for more updates to the using vShare Helper on the Mac.